The Center for Regulation of Transport by Hire Cars (TransAD) was established pursuant to Law No. (19/2006) issued by HH Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of the UAE and Ruler of Abu Dhabi.
The Center for Regulation of Transport by Hire Cars supervised by H.E. the Chairman of Department of Transport, but still has its own financial and administrative independence as well as full legal capacity to manage taxi transport sector in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
The center aims to develop the taxi transport sector to the highest international levels of quality. TransAD increases the taxi transport reliability as comfortable and safe transport through the development of Laws, regulations and governing principles, and through studying the changes in demand of taxi service.
TransAD headquarter is located in the capital Abu Dhabi and other two branches in the city of Al Ain and the Western Region. TransAD provides six main services to its stakeholders:
- Customer Service and Call Center Services.
- Licensing Services for taxi drivers.
- Licensing services to franchisee and limousine companies.
- Grievances services and complaints of taxi drivers.
- Compliance and Services Quality Control.
- Issuance of NOC for a taxi operation.
TransAD continuously monitors service quality, satisfaction and demand levels through conducting drivers and passenger’s satisfaction surveys, as well as the mystery shopper studies and frequent auditing of franchisee. TransAD keeps exploring best practices in taxi transport field through participating in International conferences and workshops, using new knowledge, learning outcomes in the strategic planning for continual improvement of taxi services in line with customer’s needs and future directions of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi as following:
- The development and training of human resources (e.g. staff, drivers and operator companies).
- The development of the infrastructure to keep pace with business requirements and passenger comfort.
- Environment preservation and energy sustainability (e.g. starting running CNG taxis.)
- Signing MOUs agreements and strategic partnerships with concerned institutions, companies and government departments and companies.
TransAD has several pioneering projects (e.g. completed or under construction), for example:
- Self-booking related projects (IVR, mobile application ... etc.)
- TransAD village Project
- Retrieval of beneficiaries certificates project and
- Many of environment, health and safety related projects.
Our vision is for the Emirate of Abu Dhabi to have:
Safe, smart, sustainable and globally recognized Hire Car service standards!
The Centre is on a mission:
To establish and govern internationally recognized Hire Car standards that are innovative and aligned with smart government initiatives and sector benchmarks
To make our vision and our mission a reality, we have listened to industry representatives and our stakeholders to identify 6 overarching principles for the Centre. We have then identified the key strategies to deliver the matching outcomes and briefly elaborated upon actions to be taken to deliver upon these strategies.
- Excellence - We continuously strive to distinguish ourselves by delivering results of the highest quality.
- People Care -We work round the clock towards the governance of Hire Car frameworks that cater to the needs of public transport by ensuring availability, reliability, and safety & security.
- Accountability - We are committed towards the achievement of our objectives by ensuring that the Hire Car Operators are adhering to our standards and accountable for their performance.
- Efficiency - We continually improve efficiencies by responsibly managing resources to achieve our goals.
- Integrity - We maintain ethical, fair and high moral standards in our working environment.
- Social Responsibility - We are dedicated to social need causes and the ‘green’ environment.